By J. M. Brass (auth.), A. Clarke, R. W. Compans, M. Cooper, H. Eisen, W. Goebel, H. Koprowski, F. Melchers, M. Oldstone, R. Rott, P. K. Vogt, H. Wagner, I. Wilson (eds.)
Read or Download Current Topics in Microbiology and Immunology 129 PDF
Similar microbiology books
In complicated Physiochemical remedy applied sciences, best pollutants regulate educators and working towards execs describe how a number of mixtures of alternative state-of-the-art method platforms may be prepared to unravel air, noise, and thermal pollutants difficulties. every one bankruptcy discusses intimately the 3 easy kinds during which pollution and waste are manifested: gasoline, reliable, and liquid.
The 1st resource to assemble the newest proof linking carotenoids to human wellbeing and fitness and ailment, this stimulating reference experiences the function of carotenoids within the prevention of persistent illness and reports leap forward stories from greater than forty box experts at the most up-to-date examine. The booklet finds the newest findings in regards to the use of carotenoids within the prevention of cancers and sunburn, in addition to eye, middle, vascular, and photosensitivity ailments, and evaluates the aptitude poisonous results of high-dose carotenoids in either people who smoke and drinkers.
This quantity provides equipment for analysing and quantifying petroleum, hydrocarbons and lipids, according to their chemical and actual houses in addition to their organic results. It positive aspects protocols for extracting hydrocarbons from sturdy matrices, water and air, and a devoted bankruptcy concentrating on unstable natural compounds.
- Zoonoses and Communicable Diseases Common to Man and Animals, 3rd edition. Vol. I Bacterioses and Mycoses (Scientific and Technical Publication)
- Grundlagen der Mikrobiologie
- Jawetz, Melnick & Adelberg's Medical Microbiology
- Mims Medical Microbiology (5th Edition) (Medical Microbiology Series)
- Smad Signal Transduction: Smads in Proliferation, Differentiation and Disease (Proteins and Cell Regulation)
- Microbiological Applications: A Laboratory Manual in General Microbiology, Complete Version
Additional info for Current Topics in Microbiology and Immunology 129
Brass MALTOPORI N OM PPS CM • malG • mal F -, mal E lamB mol A • • AmalE444 AmolB112 Fig. 12. The maltose transport system. The genetic organization of the malB region as well as the localization and the interaction of malB gene products is shown. The malB region consists of two divergent operons transcribed from promoters PL and PRo The malE gene codes for MBP, lamB codes for maltoporin (or A. receptor), and malF, G, K code for the cytoplasmic membrane components of the transport system. The molA gene, whose function is unknown, is expressed as part of the malK-lamB operon (GILSON 1983).
MalK might be the target for the inhibitory activity exerted by the phosphotransferase system, since mutants resistant to the transient inhibitory effect of glucose were found to map in MalK (SCHWARTZ and SAIER 1983, unpublished). 2 Transport of Substrate Across the Inner Membrane The common feature of all binding-protein-dependent transport systems, including the maltose transport system, is that the inner membrane components do not take up free substrate, but rather only substrate delivered by binding protein.
30. 31. 32. 33. 34. 35. 36. 37. 38. 39. 40. NR NR NR NR NR NR MPO AS MAY et al. (in press) HIGGINS et al. (in press) HIGGINS (1984) HIGGINS and HARDIE (1983) MANSON et al. (1986) Lo and SANWAL (1975) SWEET et al. (1983) ARGAST and Boos (1979) MEDVECZKY and ROSENBERG (1970) PARDEE et al. (1966) ISIHARA and HOGG (1980) LANGRIDGE et al. (1970) GRIFFITH and LEACH (1973) ND, not determined. NR, not reported Lower S. typhimurium yield correlates with lower chemostactic response  b From sequence C Reported that indicated sugar BP act as chemoreceptors, but that amino acid BP do not  d Crystallization using 2-methyl-2,4-pentanediol (MPO), polyethylene glycol (PEG), or ammonium sulfate (AS) e See following list of references: 40000 E.