By Walter J. Spielberger
Read or Download Die Halbkettenfahrzeuge des Deutschen Heeres 1909-1945 - Spielberger PDF
Similar history_1 books
Filling an immense hole in historic, literary, and post-colonial scholarship, Imperialisms examines early identification statements and nuances of dominance of the world's significant imperialisms in a variety of theatres of festival. built in collaboration with best students within the box, this booklet balances ancient essays and case reviews, and encourages investigations of conversant and competing imperialisms, their practices, and their rhetoric of self-justification.
- Die Deutsche Luftwaffe 1914-heute
- Dispositio: Problematic Ordering in French Renaissance Literature (Brill's Studies in Itellectual History)
- Fischer Weltgeschichte, Bd.8, Die Mittelmeerwelt im Altertum: Bd. IV
- El Libro de Josue: Critica Historica
- The Cambridge history of India Suppl. vol. The Indus Civilization
Extra resources for Die Halbkettenfahrzeuge des Deutschen Heeres 1909-1945 - Spielberger
Ames began acquiring large tracts of land in the Queen Street area. Eventually the north end of his holdings KINGSTON ROAD Kingston Road near Silver Birch in 1922. Horses did all of the heavy work in the old days. stretched south of Kingston Road from Beech Avenue to Lee Avenue. In 1909, Ames and his father-in-law began subdividing the property, but there were several restrictions placed on the type of development allowed. Apartment buildings were not permitted, and with the exception of the lots on Kingston Road, houses were to be detached, made of bricks, stone, or cement, to cost no less than $5,500, and have 30-foot frontages.
Kingston Road also had a lively and competitive entertainment component. Movie houses staged audience-attracting events such as lucky draws, and Saturday afternoon film fare always included at least one cartoon and a serial. The Manor Theatre had a kid’s program every Saturday afternoon where youthful patrons sat through two feature films and a cartoon, all for the price of 5 cents. Pretty inexpensive babysitting. Another movie-house mainstay operated for many years just two doors west of Randall’s.
The Beaches Peaches were well-respected members of the Ladies Auxiliary. Women such as Margaret Foley, Helen Lake, and Cindy Patterson have made significant contributions to the continued existence of Branch 42, which is now combined with the Baron Byng branch on Coxwell Avenue. Canadian soldiers who served in later conflicts such as the Korean War have always been welcome, but it was the World War II vets who transformed the Branch into a vibrant part of the Beach community. They are almost all gone, but their wives and widows continue to play prominent roles in the organization.