By Nikolay Minev, John Donaldson
The booklet that you have in entrance of you is the same standard to the paintings at the French. It seeks to extend the student’s wisdom of the tips at the back of the outlet and to acquaint them with a number of the tactical motifs attribute of this competitive protection. What makes Nikolay’s paintings assorted from such a lot books at the openings is that it seeks to impart this data in a satisfying type by using miniature video games rather than dry theoretical traces. by using video games that conjure up the belief of crime and punishment the reader is ready to boost a believe for the hole. Does this publication conceal each line of the Dutch? No, yet any such paintings will be large, and additionally what number gamers under the grasp point are continuously in mainline thought online game after video game. no longer many! This publication might be learn with profit by way of those that play the Dutch, open 1. d4, are looking to increase their strategies and or simply take pleasure in taking part in via brief, snappy video games that frequently function a smart twist on the finish.
Read or Download Dutch Defense. New and Forgotten Ideas PDF
Best chess books
This publication was once initially released ahead of 1923, and represents a duplicate of a massive ancient paintings, conserving a similar layout because the unique paintings. whereas a few publishers have opted to observe OCR (optical personality popularity) expertise to the method, we think this results in sub-optimal effects (frequent typographical blunders, unusual characters and complicated formatting) and doesn't appropriately safeguard the historic personality of the unique artifact.
- How to Win in the Chess Openings
- Grandmaster Chess Strategy: What Amateurs Can Learn from Ulf Andersson's Positional Masterpieces
- Encyclopaedia of Chess Endings, Vol 4 - Rook Endings, Part Two
- Computer Chess Compendium
- E.C.O. Busted: 535 Refutations, Re-Evaluations, Novelties, Improvements and Corrections to the Encyclopedia of Chess Openings
- Starting Out: Queen's Gambit Declined
Extra info for Dutch Defense. New and Forgotten Ideas
Nc3 d5 3. e4 dxe4 4. Bf4!? This new continuation looks quite promising. e6?! For 4 ... g6 see the next game. In our opinion Black should try 4 ... Nf6, and if 5. f3 exf3 6. Nxf3 e6 7. Bc4 Bd6 8. Qd2 0-0 9. 0-0 c6, as in Gelfand-P. Nikolic, Munich 1994, or if 5. Bc4 c6, followed by Nbd7-Nb6. Nf6 5. f3!? 6. 7. S. 30 fxe4 Bc4 Nge2 fxe4 Bb4 0-0 0-0 Nxc3 Bxc3 Nd5? Overlooking White's tactical possibility. Black should play 10... c6, intending 11 ... Qe7 and 12 ... Nbd7. 11. 12. Meszaros,G-Weteschnik,M Kecskemet 1994 4.
13. Ngf3 d6 14. 0-0 h5 15. e4 Be7 16. Qg3! g5? Black's last chance was 16 ... According to ECO, after 3... Bg7 Qa5, but after 17. Bc2! White has (3 ... h6?? 5. ) 4. h5 d5 5. hxg6 a strong attacking position. hxg6 6. Rxh8 Bxh8 7. Bf4 White's 17. exf5 Bxf5? position is to be preferred. 4. h5! Nxh5? 5. Rxh5! gxh5 6. e4! d6? Not much better is 6... Bg7 7. Bc4 (7. ) d5 8. Ng5! dxc49. Qxh5t Kd7 10. Ne6! with advantage to White-Florian. 7. Ng5 e6 8. Qxh5t Kd7 18. 19. 20. 21. Be2! Nxg5t Qxa3 Rxb1 Bxe2 fxg5 Bxb1 1-0.
7. O-O?! Barcza recommends 7 ... =. S. Bd3 as 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. S. Nbd2 e3 h3! Bd3 Qe2 b6 Bb7 Be7 Nf6 d6 Nc6?! An alternative is 8 ... Ne4, but after 9. Rgl, followed by 0-0-0 43 Dutch Defense: New and Forgotten Ideas and g4, White's position looks 4. Bxe7 Qxe7 5. e3 Nf6 6. Nbd2 very promlSlng. b6=, but usually in practice Black 9. e4 fxe4 does not like to exchange the dark 10. Nxe4 Qd7 squared Bishop. 11. NfgS!? Nxd4? 4. e3 Maybe 11. Nd5!? Interesting is 4. Nbd2, with the idea if 4 ... Be7 then 5.