By Matthew MacDonald
HTML5 is greater than a markup language—it’s a suite of a number of self sustaining net criteria. thankfully, this extended consultant covers every little thing you would like in a single handy position. With step by step tutorials and real-world examples, HTML5: The lacking Manual indicates you the way to construct net apps that come with video instruments, dynamic portraits, geolocation, offline positive aspects, and responsive layouts for cellular devices.
The very important things you have to know:
• Structure websites extra effectively. learn the way HTML5 is helping website design instruments and se's paintings smarter.
• Add audio and video with out plugins. construct playback pages that paintings in each browser.
• Create lovely visuals with Canvas. Draw shapes, images, and textual content; play animations; and run interactive games.
• Jazz up your pages with CSS3. upload fancy fonts and crowd pleasing results with transitions and animation.
• Design larger net forms. gather details from viewers extra successfully with HTML5 shape elements.
• Build it as soon as, run it everywhere. Use responsive layout to make your website glance sturdy on pcs, capsules, and smartphones.
• Include wealthy computing device features. construct self-sufficient internet apps that paintings offline and shop the information clients desire.
Read Online or Download HTML5: The Missing Manual (2nd Edition) PDF
Best web development books
Beginning model keep an eye on for net builders explains how model regulate works, what you are able to do with it and the way. utilizing a pleasant and obtainable tone, you are going to methods to use the 3 prime model keep an eye on systems—Subversion, Git and Mercurial—on a number of working platforms. The background and imperative options of model keep an eye on are lined so you will achieve an intensive figuring out of the topic, and why it's going to be used to regulate all adjustments in internet improvement initiatives.
Achieve optimum site velocity and function with this Wrox guide
Professional site functionality: Optimizing front finish and again finish deals crucial details to aid either front-end and back-end technicians be sure higher site performance.
Foreword by way of Chris Coyier.
Let's face it: CSS is difficult. Our stylesheets are extra complicated than they was once, and we're bending the spec to do up to it could possibly. Can Sass help?
A reluctant convert to Sass, Dan Cederholm stocks how he came visiting to the preferred CSS pre-processor, and gives a simple route to taking greater keep watch over of your code (all the whereas operating how you constantly have). From getting began to complicated strategies, Dan might help you point up your stylesheets and immediately commence benefiting from the ability of Sass.
Contents: - Why Sass? - Sass Workflow - utilizing Sass - Sass and Media Queries. - Dan Cederholm is a fashion designer, writer, and speaker dwelling in Salem, Massachusetts. He's the Co-Founder of Dribbble, a neighborhood for designers, and founding father of SimpleBits, a tiny layout studio. A long-time recommend of standards-based website design, Dan has labored with YouTube, Microsoft, Google, MTV, ESPN and others. He's written a number of well known books approximately website design, and bought a TechFellow award in early 2012. He's at present an aspiring clawhammer banjoist and sometimes wears a baseball cap.
Over 70 useful recnonfiction, programming, internet improvement, djangoipes to create multilingual, responsive, and scalable web content with Django
About This publication
• increase your abilities via constructing types, types, perspectives, and templates
• a pragmatic consultant to writing and utilizing APIs to import or export information
Who This publication Is For
If you could have created web pages with Django, yet you must sharpen your wisdom and study a few reliable ways for the way to regard assorted points of internet improvement, be sure to learn this booklet. it's meant for intermediate Django clients who have to construct tasks which has to be multilingual, useful on units of other display sizes, and which scale over the years.
What you'll study
• Configure your Django undertaking the best means
• construct a database constitution out of reusable version mixins
• deal with hierarchical buildings with MPTT
• Create convenient template filters and tags so you might reuse in each venture
• grasp the configuration of contributed management
• expand Django CMS together with your personal performance
Django is straightforward to profit and solves every kind of internet improvement difficulties and questions, offering Python builders a simple approach to web-application improvement. With a wealth of third-party modules on hand, you'll be capable to create a hugely customizable internet program with this robust framework.
Web improvement with Django Cookbook will consultant you thru all internet improvement procedures with the Django framework. you'll get begun with the digital atmosphere and configuration of the venture, after which you'll easy methods to outline a database constitution with reusable parts. easy methods to tweak the management to make the web site editors satisfied. This e-book bargains with a few very important third-party modules worthwhile for totally outfitted net improvement.
- Drupal 7 Themes
- The Elements of Content Strategy
- Webdesign mit CSS - Designer-Techniken für kreative und moderne Webseiten
- Build Your Own Database Driven Web Site Using PHP & MySQL
Extra resources for HTML5: The Missing Manual (2nd Edition)
Skilled designers will usually create better designs than nondesigners, but no matter how experienced you are, you’re bound to make some mistakes and have some false expectations about the users. The only way to be sure is to gather information from actual users, and this can be accomplished by various means, such as focus groups, interviews, and usability testing. We’ll cover these techniques throughout the book. In the User’s Absence Why wouldn’t you gather information from users for every design decision?
Various paper-and-pencil techniques can help you work out designs from a user-centered perspective, and we’ll cover these throughout the book as well. THE DESIGN PROCESS Our general design process is illustrated in Figure 1-1. We call this the Pervasive Usability Process. This process is relevant to design in almost any domain whatsoever. In the figure, evaluation appears below, on its own, to indicate that similar types of evaluation can occur at different stages of design. Evaluation helps to ensure that the design is on track to satisfy the goals of the design.
Final text and graphic content must be developed, and the site must be coded. Common evaluation methods include quality assurance, user testing, and field testing. ” Stage 5. Launch Finally, the product is launched and made available to the public. Just before launch, a final quality testing phase must assure that everything is ready to go online; immediately after launch, the correctness of the site must again be verified. Later, a web site will continue to be maintained and refined, and the design process is repeated again from step 1.