By Mark D. Miller, Jennifer Hart
Grasp the musculoskeletal anatomy and pathology you must comprehend! those 210 flash playing cards use extraordinary illustrations created by way of, and within the variety of, grasp clinical illustrator Frank H. Netter, MD that will help you attempt your wisdom of bones, muscle mass, ligaments, tendons, and joints. Netter illustrations are supplemented with scientific, radiographic, and arthroscopic photographs depicting the most typical musculoskeletal pathologies. A hugely revered healthcare professional assistant-orthopaedist crew guarantees that each one of the data at the playing cards is exact and correct to scientific perform. the result's a powerful instrument for self study!
Illustrations comprise top of the range Netter medical and anatomical illustrations in addition to radiographic and arthroscopic perspectives, making sure that you'll be in a position to determine musculoskeletal buildings irrespective of how they're provided to you.
Coverage of every musculoskeletal quarter comprises studies of bony anatomy, radiographic anatomy, joints, muscle tissue, arteries and nerves, variety of movement, and linked pathologic conditions-all the scientific wisdom you need.
Multiple muscle tissues are usually lined on a unmarried card to stress the muscles' courting to each other and the areas among them.
Read or Download Netter's Musculoskeletal Flash Cards PDF
Similar anatomy & physiology books
With the 9th version of the best-selling Human Anatomy & body structure, depended on authors Elaine N. Marieb and Katja Hoehn have produced the main available, accomplished, updated and visually attractive anatomy & body structure textbook out there. Marieb attracts on her occupation as an A&P professor and her event finishing her nursing schooling; Hoehn is determined by her scientific schooling and award-winning school room instruction—together, they clarify anatomy & body structure thoughts and techniques in a significant and remarkable approach.
This paintings goals to supply an in depth reasoned map of fetal habit via describing its beneficial properties and evolution from 10 to twenty-five weeks gestation.
every one behavioral occasion is defined, measured in seconds and provided because it happens in its usual series, hence supplying a real-time photograph of fetal habit. hyperlinks among occasions turn into transparent, and occasions are attached to the altering anatomy and body structure of the worried method and of the fetal physique quite often.
Transient behaviour with its underlying constructions and attainable features is thoroughly uncommon from anticipatory services heralding post-natal lifestyles. moreover, phenomena of physiologic importance in the course of prenatal lifestyles, yet that can collect pathological connotations for the untimely little one having to satisfy the several necessities of the post-natal surroundings, also are defined.
Finally, a variety of prenatal myths are mentioned, with a purpose to provide clinical details on matters which are relatively correct, given the heated pro-life as opposed to pro-choice debate.
Cellphone demise is speedy changing into some of the most dynamic components of organic research-involving because it does the examine of apoptosis and programmed mobilephone dying and the function those phenomena play in improvement and homeostasis at the one hand, and getting older and illness at the different. The profound implications for drugs and agriculture from the manipulation of those strategies have spawned a deluge of analysis papers, articles, techniques, and methods-making it tough for scientists to get an summary of the sphere.
The secretory job of vegetation is a manifestation of the elemental estate of all dwelling organisms: the power to interchange components and effort with the surroundings. This booklet summarizes today’s wisdom of all such secretory actions of upper crops. It both considers the mobile points, intratissular and exterior secretion, gasoline excretion and the excretion of drugs less than severe stipulations in addition to the organic results of plant excreta.
- The Skeletal and Muscular Systems (The Human Body, How It Works)
- Head and Neuroanatomy (Thieme Atlas of Anatomy, Volume 3)
- T-Cell Development: Methods and Protocols
- Taming the Wild Grape: Botany and Horticulture in the Vitaceae
Extra resources for Netter's Musculoskeletal Flash Cards
6. Acromion Humeral head Proximal migration of the humeral head Glenoid Rotator cuff insertion Rotator cuff tendon (retracted) Rotator Cuff Arthropathy Mechanism Rotator cuff tears that remain untreated which results in significant retraction and fatty atrophy of the muscles Diagnosis Weakness on examination, drop arm test, “horn blowers” sign Imaging Plain radiographs show proximal migration of the humeral head, arthrographic magnetic resonance imaging demonstrates retraction and fatty atrophy Treatment These tears are not repairable Treatment consists of conservative management initially and later constrained hemiarthroplasty or reverse shoulder prosthesis The Shoulder and Upper Arm 1-17 Conditions: Biceps Tendon 2 1 3 Identify the condition 4 The Shoulder and Upper Arm 1-18 Conditions: Biceps Tendon 1.
15. 16. 17. Humerus Lateral supracondylar ridge Lateral epicondyle Capitellum Radial head Radial neck Radial tuberosity Radius Ulna Ulnar tuberosity Coronoid process Trochlea Medial epicondyle Coronoid fossa Medial supracondylar ridge Olecranon fossa Olecranon Comment: The elbow is made up of three articulations: the humerus and ulna, the humerus and radius, and the ulna and radius. The two articulations with the humerus enable elbow extension; the radioulnar joint enables a degree of rotation.
3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 10. 11. 12. Radial head Radial neck Radial tuberosity Olecranon Trochlear notch Coronoid process Ulnar tuberosity Radius Ulna Interosseous membrane Styloid process of the ulna Styloid process of the radius Comment: The ulna is the longer and more medial of the two bones of the forearm. The primary motions that involve the articulation of these two bones are pronation and supination. The two bones are connected by a thick fibrous interosseous membrane. The radius and ulna cross in the pronated position.