By Remi Nader, Abdulrahman J Sabbagh
An excellent source for board examination practise, this overview distills the necessities of neurosurgery in a easy query and resolution layout. Divided into 3 major sections, this article offers a complete choice of circumstances masking intracranial pathology, spinal and peripheral nerve pathology, and neurology. every one bankruptcy opens via detailing the scientific presentation of an issue often encountered in daily perform via a listing of questions and solutions designed to check the reader's wisdom of diagnostic recommendations, imaging, surgical symptoms, healing procedures, strength issues, and outcomes.
- Contributions from across the world well-known professionals mainly subspecialties of neurosurgery, together with neurosurgical oncology, cranium base surgical procedure, vascular neurosurgery, backbone surgical procedure, pediatric neurosurgery, peripheral nerve surgical procedure, and epilepsy surgical procedure
- Succinct bullet-point layout and constant presentation in each one bankruptcy for fast overview of crucial options
- Detailed insurance of universal and infrequent neurologic pathologies
- More than 380 high quality pictures, together with seventy six full-color illustrations that display very important ideas
- Valuable references to present evidence-based clinical information This ebook is an quintessential device for neurosurgeons, citizens, and fellows getting ready for his or her oral board or recertification examinations.
With its hugely obtainable presentation, this e-book can also be a worthy refresher for clinicians and an invaluable reference for college students getting ready for rounds.
Read or Download Neurosurgery Case Review : Questions and Answers PDF
Best neurosurgery books
Those court cases from the Xth Congress of the ecu Society for Stereotactic and sensible Neurosurgery in Stockholm replicate the transforming into curiosity in those fields of neurosurgery. it's the such a lot large quantity during this sequence of courses and it includes a huge variety of unique articles bearing on the latest advances in stereotactic and useful neurosurgery.
Solid neurosurgical perform is predicated not just on facts, talents, and smooth apparatus, but in addition on strong values. This ebook is the 1st to debate particularly the moral matters that come up in the course of the day-by-day perform of neurosurgery. it truly is divided into 3 elements addressing sufferers’ rights, moral matters when it comes to the operating setting, and wider societal facets reminiscent of dealings of neurosurgeons with the felony approach, the media, and firms.
This ebook offers an outline of the new advances in medical purposes of magnetoencephalography (MEG). With the growth of MEG to neuroscience, its medical functions have additionally been actively pursued. that includes contributions from well-known specialists within the fields, the publication specializes in the present prestige of the appliance of MEG, not just to every fearful method but additionally to numerous illnesses comparable to epilepsy, neurological problems, and psychiatric issues, whereas additionally interpreting the feasibility of utilizing MEG for those illnesses.
Written by way of across the world well-known specialists, this e-book is a entire, useful advisor to prevention, acceptance, and administration of problems in backbone surgical procedure. Sections disguise the cervical backbone and the thoracolumbar/lumbosacral backbone and talk about the total diversity of problems which may be encountered, together with these linked to the most recent applied sciences, tactics, and instrumentation.
- Biopsy Diagnosis of Peripheral Neuropathy
- Head Injury 2Ed: Pathophysiology & Management
- Pediatric Craniovertebral Junction Diseases: Surgical Management of Craniovertebral Junction Diseases in Children
- Reconstructive Neurosurgery
- Deep Brain Stimulation. Indications and Applications
Extra resources for Neurosurgery Case Review : Questions and Answers
Kollova A, Liscak R, Novotny J Jr, Vladyka V, Simonova G, Janouskova L. Gamma knife surgery for benign meningioma. J Neurosurg 2007;107(2):325–336 8/12/09 11:57:26 AM 20 Brain Tumors: Meningioma Case 6 Olfactory Groove Meningioma Stephen J. Hentschel and Lissa Marie Ogieglo Fig. 1 Axial computed tomography (CT) scan of the brain plus contrast. ■ Clinical Presentation • A 78-year-old woman presented with increasing diﬃculties with ambulation and memory deficits. The patient also complained of progressive visual loss for an unspecified period.
Chozick BS, Reinert SE, Greenblatt SH. Incidence of seizures after surgery for supratentorial meningiomas: a modern analysis. J Neurosurg 1996;84(3):382–386 8/12/09 11:57:47 AM Case 8 Case 8 Hemangiopericytoma 27 Hemangiopericytoma Burak Sade and Joung H. Lee Fig. 1 (A) T1-weighted postcontrast axial and (B) coronal magnetic resonance images showing a diﬀusely enhancing 8-cm perisellar mass originating from the anterior clinoid process. Note the significant midline shift and ventricular dilatation.
Neurosurgery 2006; 59(1, Supp 1)ONS108– ONS114 2.