By Gragnaniello, Cristian; Nader, Remi; Shaya, Mark
Essential prep for upkeep of certification checks in addition to neurosurgery boards
Comprehensive, yet sufficiently small to tackle rounds, the up-to-date moment variation of this renowned neurosurgical board evaluate offers a strong research spouse for the yank Board of Neurological surgical procedure (ABNS) fundamental exam. The textual content comprises a magnificent variety of questions with concise and well-delineated motives. compatible for thorough board training, the query and resolution layout permits busy neurosurgical citizens to successfully perform, evaluation, and enhance upon their comprehension.
In addition to all of the primary disciplines which are suitable to the perform of neurosurgery, this variation encompasses the most recent advances within the box together with endovascular techniques, minimally invasive spinal surgical procedure thoughts, and genetics. the varied and hard questions motivate the purchase of genuine wisdom and alertness of common sense. this is often the definitive ABNS examine ebook since it so much heavily mimics the written board exam format.
- Multiple selection Q&A layout offers powerful learn tool
- Questions prepared randomly, thereby simulating the written examination
- Short motives offer readers with a transparent knowing of the right kind answers
This is a must have primer that may support neurosurgeons and neurosurgical citizens learn and cross the rigorous written board examination. Board-certified neurosurgeons also will locate it a convenient and resource to organize for MOC examinations or to sweep up on medical know-how.
Read or Download Neurosurgery practice questions and answers PDF
Best neurosurgery books
Those complaints from the Xth Congress of the eu Society for Stereotactic and useful Neurosurgery in Stockholm mirror the growing to be curiosity in those fields of neurosurgery. it's the such a lot large quantity during this sequence of courses and it includes a huge variety of unique articles touching on the newest advances in stereotactic and useful neurosurgery.
Reliable neurosurgical perform relies not just on proof, talents, and smooth apparatus, but additionally on sturdy values. This e-book is the 1st to debate particularly the moral concerns that come up in the course of the day-by-day perform of neurosurgery. it really is divided into 3 elements addressing sufferers’ rights, moral concerns in relation to the operating setting, and wider societal features corresponding to dealings of neurosurgeons with the criminal method, the media, and corporations.
This publication provides an summary of the hot advances in medical purposes of magnetoencephalography (MEG). With the growth of MEG to neuroscience, its medical purposes have additionally been actively pursued. that includes contributions from well-liked specialists within the fields, the publication makes a speciality of the present prestige of the applying of MEG, not just to every frightened process but in addition to varied illnesses comparable to epilepsy, neurological issues, and psychiatric issues, whereas additionally analyzing the feasibility of utilizing MEG for those ailments.
Written by means of across the world famous specialists, this e-book is a accomplished, sensible consultant to prevention, popularity, and administration of problems in backbone surgical procedure. Sections disguise the cervical backbone and the thoracolumbar/lumbosacral backbone and talk about the whole variety of problems which may be encountered, together with these linked to the latest applied sciences, approaches, and instrumentation.
- Advances in Stereotactic and Functional Neurosurgery 11: Proceedings of the 11th Meeting of the European Society for Stereotactic and Functional Neurosurgery, Antalya 1994
- Spondylolisthesis: Diagnosis, Non-Surgical Management, and Surgical Techniques
- Neurosurgery for Spasticity: A Practical Guide for Treating Children and Adults
- Reconstructive Neurosurgery
- Imaging Spine After Treatment: A Case-based Atlas
- Surgery of the Craniovertebral Junction
Additional info for Neurosurgery practice questions and answers
It emerges inferior to the inferior obliquus capitis muscle. B. It is accompanied by the occipital artery. C. It is a sensory nerve. D. All of the above E. None of the above 240. Which of the following statements is FALSE regarding arachidonic acid metabolism? A. Aspirin inhibits both cyclooxygenase (COX) isoforms. B. Arachidonic acid is a substrate for production of ceramide. C. Thromboxane synthesis inhibitors lead to depletion of arachidonic acid. D. Arachidonic acid is a substrate for COX I.
Ocular bobbing may be seen in which of the following? A. Hydrocephalus B. Pontine infarct C. Hepatic encephalopathy D. Trauma E. All of the above 26 Neurosurgery Practice Questions and Answers 114. The most likely diagnosis for this lesion seen on CT is A. B. C. D. E. aneurysmal bone cyst. epidermoid granuloma. osteosarcoma. hemangioma. osteoid osteoma. 115. The striae medullares (rhombencephali) arise from A. the septal nuclei. B. the habenular trigone. C. the arcuate nuclei. D. the amygdala. E.
201. The best-characterized glutamate-containing neurons are found in the A. Purkinje cells of the cerebellum. B. pyramidal cells of the cerebral cortex. C. pyramidal cells of the hippocampus. D. septal region. E. lateral entorhinal cortex. 202. All of the following statements are true of nuclear chain fibers EXCEPT: A. They receive group Ia primary aﬀerent fibers. B. They receive group II secondary aﬀerent fibers. C. They are associated with flower spray endings. D. They are associated with static gamma eﬀerent fibers.