By John M. Mathis, Herve Deramond, Stephen M. Belkoff
This moment variation has been completely revised to mirror contemporary advances within the box of percutaneous vertebroplasty. out of date sections were changed with state of the art fabric, resembling an in-depth examine the most recent bone cements and units. Chapters define backbone anatomy, scientific administration, and sufferer choice. The textual content is improved by way of a wealth of illustrations. The addition of sensible and demanding case experiences furthers the point of interest of the former variation by way of bridging the distance among concept and perform for backbone interventionalists, radiologists, neuroradiologists, orthopedic surgeons, and neurosurgeons.
New to the second one Edition:
- New info on exchange routes for remedy, sacroplasty, and treating tumors
- New therapy techniques
- up to date exam of biomechanics
- New fabric on complications
- Inclusion of vertebroplasty and kyphoplasty cases
- accelerated presentation of ACR and SIR care standards
- New figures and colour photos
Read or Download Percutaneous Vertebroplasty and Kyphoplasty PDF
Best neurosurgery books
Those lawsuits from the Xth Congress of the ecu Society for Stereotactic and useful Neurosurgery in Stockholm mirror the becoming curiosity in those fields of neurosurgery. it's the so much large quantity during this sequence of guides and it includes a huge variety of unique articles bearing on the latest advances in stereotactic and practical neurosurgery.
Sturdy neurosurgical perform relies not just on proof, abilities, and glossy apparatus, but additionally on strong values. This ebook is the 1st to debate in particular the moral concerns that come up in the course of the day-by-day perform of neurosurgery. it really is divided into 3 components addressing sufferers’ rights, moral matters in terms of the operating atmosphere, and wider societal facets reminiscent of dealings of neurosurgeons with the felony procedure, the media, and firms.
This publication offers an summary of the hot advances in medical functions of magnetoencephalography (MEG). With the growth of MEG to neuroscience, its medical purposes have additionally been actively pursued. that includes contributions from admired specialists within the fields, the publication specializes in the present prestige of the appliance of MEG, not just to every fearful procedure but additionally to varied illnesses corresponding to epilepsy, neurological problems, and psychiatric issues, whereas additionally reading the feasibility of utilizing MEG for those ailments.
Written via across the world well-known specialists, this ebook is a entire, sensible advisor to prevention, attractiveness, and administration of problems in backbone surgical procedure. Sections disguise the cervical backbone and the thoracolumbar/lumbosacral backbone and talk about the total diversity of problems which may be encountered, together with these linked to the latest applied sciences, approaches, and instrumentation.
- Spondylolisthesis: Diagnosis, Non-Surgical Management, and Surgical Techniques
- Handbook of Neurosurgery
- Neurosurgery for Spasticity: A Practical Guide for Treating Children and Adults
- Intracranial Vascular Malformations and Aneurysms From Diagnostic Work-Up to Endovascular Therapy
Additional info for Percutaneous Vertebroplasty and Kyphoplasty
Current data support their efﬁcacy for the prevention of vertebral fractures (66), but no clinical trials have reported hip fracture endpoints. The bone mineral density increases are greater than those of bisphosphonates as a class, but the fracture data are insufﬁcient for recommending parathyroid hormone derivatives over bisphosphonates as a ﬁrst-line therapy. Safety, ease of administration, and cost of drugs are issues. At present there are insufﬁcient data to support combination therapy with antiresorptive agents (67).
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 2001; 86(11):5227–5233. 11. Riggs BL, Khosla S, Melton LJ, III. Sex steroids and the construction and conservation of the adult skeleton. Endocr Rev 2002; 23(3):279–302. 12. Riggs BL, Khosla S, Melton LJ, III. A unitary model for involutional osteoporosis: estrogen deﬁciency causes both type I and type II osteoporosis in postmenopausal women and contributes to bone loss in aging men. J Bone Miner Res 1998; 13(5):763–773. 13. Stenson WF, Newberry R, Lorenz R, et al. Increased prevalence of celiac disease and need for routine screening among patients with osteoporosis.
55. 56. 57. 58. 59. 60. 61. 62. 63. 64. from the Women’s Health Initiative randomized controlled trial. JAMA 2002; 288(3):321–333. Orwoll E, Ettinger M, Weiss S, et al. Alendronate for the treatment of osteoporosis in men. N Engl J Med 2000; 343(9):604–610. Reid DM, Hughes RA, Laan RFJM, et al. Efﬁcacy and safety of daily risedronate in the treatment of corticosteroid-induced osteoporosis in men and women: a randomized trial. J Bone Miner Res 2000; 15(6):1006– 1013. Chow CC, Chan WB, Li JKY, et al.