By Smashing eBook Series
In case you intend to layout for cellular, you will have to concentrate on the democratic situation that offers form to this area of interest. Many builders are conscious of this: by utilizing the Android working procedure to create apps, they gather a tremendous marketplace proportion. This book will advisor you thru the Android universe and assist you to create interface designs for Android cellular gadgets.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- discovering The Android Platform: construction, trying out And dispensing Apps
- Designing For Android
- Designing For Android: counsel And Techniques
- Designing For Android Tablets
- Getting the simplest Out Of Eclipse For Android Development
- start constructing For Android With Eclipse
- start constructing For Android With Eclipse, Reloaded
Read or Download Smashing eBook #29 Designing for Android PDF
Similar web development books
Starting place model regulate for net builders explains how model keep watch over works, what you are able to do with it and the way. utilizing a pleasant and available tone, you are going to how you can use the 3 best model keep an eye on systems—Subversion, Git and Mercurial—on a number of working structures. The background and quintessential thoughts of model keep watch over are coated so you will achieve a radical figuring out of the topic, and why it's going to be used to regulate all alterations in internet improvement tasks.
Achieve optimum site velocity and function with this Wrox guide
Professional web site functionality: Optimizing front finish and again finish bargains crucial details to assist either front-end and back-end technicians be sure larger web site performance.
Foreword via Chris Coyier.
Let's face it: CSS is tough. Our stylesheets are extra advanced than they was once, and we're bending the spec to do up to it will possibly. Can Sass help?
A reluctant convert to Sass, Dan Cederholm stocks how he came over to the preferred CSS pre-processor, and offers a straight forward route to taking higher regulate of your code (all the whereas operating how you consistently have). From getting began to complicated ideas, Dan may help you point up your stylesheets and immediately begin profiting from the ability of Sass.
Contents: - Why Sass? - Sass Workflow - utilizing Sass - Sass and Media Queries. - Dan Cederholm is a clothier, writer, and speaker dwelling in Salem, Massachusetts. He's the Co-Founder of Dribbble, a neighborhood for designers, and founding father of SimpleBits, a tiny layout studio. A long-time suggest of standards-based website design, Dan has labored with YouTube, Microsoft, Google, MTV, ESPN and others. He's written numerous well known books approximately website design, and bought a TechFellow award in early 2012. He's at present an aspiring clawhammer banjoist and infrequently wears a baseball cap.
Over 70 sensible recnonfiction, programming, internet improvement, djangoipes to create multilingual, responsive, and scalable web pages with Django
About This e-book
• increase your abilities via constructing types, types, perspectives, and templates
• a realistic advisor to writing and utilizing APIs to import or export information
Who This booklet Is For
If you may have created web pages with Django, yet you need to sharpen your wisdom and research a few reliable methods for a way to regard diverse facets of internet improvement, make sure you learn this e-book. it really is meant for intermediate Django clients who have to construct tasks which has to be multilingual, useful on units of other monitor sizes, and which scale through the years.
What you are going to examine
• Configure your Django undertaking the correct manner
• construct a database constitution out of reusable version mixins
• deal with hierarchical constructions with MPTT
• Create convenient template filters and tags so that you can reuse in each venture
• grasp the configuration of contributed management
• expand Django CMS together with your personal performance
Django is straightforward to profit and solves all kinds of internet improvement difficulties and questions, supplying Python builders a simple method to web-application improvement. With a wealth of third-party modules on hand, you'll be ready to create a hugely customizable internet software with this robust framework.
Web improvement with Django Cookbook will advisor you thru all internet improvement approaches with the Django framework. you'll get begun with the digital setting and configuration of the venture, after which you'll outline a database constitution with reusable elements. how one can tweak the management to make the web site editors satisfied. This publication bargains with a few very important third-party modules valuable for totally outfitted net improvement.
- Web Designer [UK], Issue 234
- A Developers Guide to the Semantic Web
- Jump Start Responsive Web Design
- PHP Application Development with NetBeans: Beginner's Guide
Extra info for Smashing eBook #29 Designing for Android
0). ) Smashing eBook #29│Designing For Android│ 35 The final graphic assets would appear like this using the four diﬀerent screen densities. Smashing eBook #29│Designing For Android│ 36 After you’ve produced all of your graphics, you could organize your graphics library as follows: The suggested organization and labeling of asset folders and files. In preparing our star graphic, all file prefixes could be preceded by the name ic_star, without changing the names of the respective densities. Smashing eBook #29│Designing For Android│ 37 You might be confused about what PPI (pixels per inch) to set your deliverables at.
Aside from transitions, animations are a great way to keep users distracted or entertained when the app needs to make them wait. Smashing eBook #29│Designing For Android│ 62 User Experience Android has patterns and conventions like any other platform. These help users to form expectations about how an unfamiliar app will behave. Porting an iOS experience directly to the Android platform almost always results in a poor user experience. Back is a platform aﬀordance in Android. In contrast, labeled back buttons within the app layout are the norm for iOS.
6. Go back to the opened Android SDK folder on your desktop, and open the “Tools” folder. 7. Click on the file ddms to open the Dalvik Debug Monitor. 8. Select your device from the “Name” pane. 9. In the application’s top menu, open the “Device” menu, and choose “Screen capture…” A Device Screen Capture window will open, and you should see the launch screen of your Android device. Smashing eBook #29│Designing For Android│ 49 The Dalvik Debut Monitor. To navigate: 1. Grab your Android device and navigate to any page.