By The Learning Web Limited
Whilst chinese language mom and dad line as much as purchase 251,000 copies of a booklet in a single day - and seven million copies in 23 weeks - you recognize publishing historical past is being made. however the studying Revolution is far greater than a best-selling e-book. it's a catalyst to alter how you imagine, stay, research, paintings, train and act. it really is definitely doing that during the world's oldest civilization, the place it has turn into the center piece for a countrywide debate on how 1.3 billion humans can top organize for the twenty first century...
Read or Download The Learning Revolution PDF
Best studying & workbooks books
Doing all of your Undergraduate venture is offered and interesting, with case experiences used through the ebook that can assist you relate facets of the venture to real-life examples. The publication additionally includes checklists and flow-charts that will help you set up your research as you move alongside. The e-book might help you organize and collate examine; write the notion and plan the undertaking; evaluation hazard evaluation and moral issues; write a literature overview; use your effects successfully; write your venture file; and manage a while and assets.
Even if you project a taught doctorate, or a process learn resulting in a PhD, this ebook bargains entire, up to date tips and dialogue on all features of profitable doctoral paintings. The 5 skilled authors supply suggestion on each level within the strategy of finishing a doctorate, from supporting you to interact in severe mirrored image to higher comprehend your personal learn biases, to worthwhile directions on getting ready for, and surviving, the viva.
- Improve Your Reading (Ron Fry's How to Study Program)
- Graduate Study for the Twenty-First Century: How to Build an Academic Career in the Humanities
- LSAT Logic Games
- Learn To Speed Read: The Official Kris Madden Workbook
- 500 Tips for Tutors, 2nd edition (500 Tips)
Additional resources for The Learning Revolution
5. 27 Naisbitt again: "When I got out of college in the fifties, 65 percent of the workforce in America was blue-collar. Now it's down to about 13 percent, and its falling. That doesn't mean we're producing less. In fact, around 24 percent of America's gross national product is in manufacturing, about the same as it has been every year for 40 years. The difference is that 40 years ago 65 percent of the workforce was manufacturing these products, and today only 13 percent. Now obviously that 24 percent represents many more products as our economy has grown tremendously.
Unemployed young men tend to commit more violent crimes and not take on the responsibility of parenthood. "Adolescent boys are the most volatile and violent of all. Those under 24 are responsible for half of America's violent crime; those under 18 commit a quarter. " The short answer is: a two-parent home. 8 percent of children lived in traditional nuclear families (families where both parents were present and the children were the biological offspring of both parents). 42 Says The Economist's survey: "When men find it impossible to provide, they also seem to find it difficult to learn the nurturing bits.
For employment, in particular, the small companies are vital. Says John Naisbitt: "It's the young entrepreneurial companies that are creating nearly all the new jobs in the United States. In the 1980s America created 22 million brand-new jobs; there were that many more people in paid employment at the end of the eighties. And 90 percent of those 22 million jobs were in companies of 50 or fewer employees. That is the new economy. That is what's creating the new wealth-creating capacity. "31 In many of these companies, the educational need is for thinking and conceptual skills, risktaking, experimenting, and an openness to change and opportunity.